‘A brilliant young composer’ John SuchetPhamie has been commissioned for many different projects through out the years and has written for theatre and dance companies, short films, and cds.
Commissions so far as a composer:
- 2017 Zoe’s Song’ commissioned by Zoe Royer in West Coast Canada.
- 2016 ‘Celtic Threads’ commissioned and premiered in ROYAL IRISH ACADEMY OF MUSIC (RIAM), Dublin.
- 2014: Commissioned to write ‘Camera Obscura‘ by Izu Troin. Broadcast on National TV France.
- 2012 ‘Infamous Davenport Brothers’ Score for Theatre Production – commissioned to compose and musically direct
- 2012: commissioned by Vox Motus to write the sound track to the theatre production of ‘The Infamous Brothers Davenport’
- 2011: commissioned to write ‘The Edinburgh Suite‘ by Tim Hollier of Atlantic Screen Music.
- ‘The Angel’s Share’ – commissioned to write for RSDG (Royal Scots Dragoon Guards) and London Metropolitan Orchestra (music was used in the Royal Military Tattoo)
- 2002: commissioned to write the sound track for film ‘Across the Waters’ by director Sana Bilgrami
- Commissioned for Under My Skin. Film shown in The Edinburgh School of Art. Nov (2001-Feb2002) mixing Indian and celtic influences. Shown at Cameo film House, Edinburgh
- 2001: commissioned to write a composition for ‘Real’ cd and wrote ‘Death of Tibbie Tamson‘
- 2001: commissioned to write sound track for Morpheus Theatre production of ‘Pilot’
- Wrote musical score for Moffat Millenium Film project (2001)
- Commissioned for Le Roi Cerf – Musical score and performance in Sagy, nr Paris. France. (2001) Le Petit Pied company.
- ‘Lammermuir’ Celtic Connections premier of ‘New Voices’ commission Royal Concert Hall, Glasgow, with Alasdair Fraser, Eric Rigler (uileann pipes Titanic & Braveheart), Patsy Seddon (Sileas), Mairi Campbell and others. (2000)
- ‘Annandale’ theme music, Commission for Millenium film (Jan) wrote, soundtrack music based on the changing seasons (35 mins duration) (2000)
- Commissioned for ‘Both Sides of Tweed’ ‘REEL’ C.D. wrote song ‘Tibbie Tamson’(2000)
- Commissioned for performance and composition for opening of new terminal of Edinburgh Airport 12th May 2000 – wrote ‘Highflyer’
- Composer and musical director for RSAMD production of ‘A Winter’s Tale’ 2000
- 2000: commissioned to write a song for the Gaelic Choir of Edinburgh, Scotland.
- Same year commissioned to write the music for ‘Le Roi Cerf’ by Le Petit Pied Theatre Company,Paris, France directed by Josephine de Meaux
- 1999: ‘New Voices’ Commission for Celtic Connections, Glasgow, Scotland. ‘Lammermuir’
- Same year commissioned to write the musical score for ‘The Winters Tale’ theatre production directed by Hugh Hogart at The Royal Scottish Academy of Music and Drama. Glasgow. Scotland
- Commissioned for local authority C.D. wrote ‘Ellisland’ and ‘Devil’s Beef Tub’ (Feb) (1999)
- 1998: commissioned to write the sound track to a short film about Dumfries and Galloway. ‘Annandale‘
- ‘Pilot’ – commissioned by Morpheus Theatre in 1998
- 1997: commissioned to write for the opening of the extension to Edinburgh Airport. ‘Highflyer‘